Here at C-SAM we have recently completed a company-wide roll out of Windows 10 and Office 2016.
We are committed to keeping abreast of all new developments within the IT industry. By ensuring that we are using the latest software internally, this enables us to support customers using our products who are either planning to deploy the latest software or already have.
The new features of Windows 10 include the following:
- Upgraded Start Menu
- Cortana virtual assistant
- Task switching & virtual desktops
- Action Center
- Improved Windows Explorer and Command Prompt
- New Microsoft Edge web browser
- Windows Hello
- It’s a free upgrade!
New features of Office 2016 include:
- Tell Me – smart natural language help system
- Smart Lookup – provides insights into highlighted words in Word, via the Internet
- Real-time co-authoring
- Colourful user interface – mirrors mobile apps
We will follow up this blog post with another later in the year highlighting our experiences both during the upgrade and in the months following the upgrade.