C-SAM will no longer be supporting the hosting of our applications on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 & Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005, and running them on Microsoft Windows XP & Microsoft Windows Vista. Following a survey distributed at the end of last year we are confident that this move will have little impact on our customer operations, as a large percentage of participants indicated they have either already migrated or intend to migrate to newer versions in the near future.
As of immediate effect we are ending official support for the following products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and below (Bespoke handheld applications using IE on Windows Mobile remain unaffected by this)
As of 31/06/2016 we will be ending official support for the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- These products are either no longer officially supported or will shortly cease being supported by Microsoft and are security risks.
- Known functionality problems are also no longer addressed by Microsoft.
- It is no longer viable to verify our applications work on these environments.
- Our systems will not be constrained by maintaining compatibility with software from 10+ years ago which prevents us using newer technologies.
What happens now?
If you continue to run C-SAM software on unsupported environments and experience problems, then issues caused by outdated environments may not be possible to solve by C-SAM and will persist until your migration to a newer version is completed.
For advice on moving your SQL Server database onto a new server please contact us for a copy of our Database Migration Guide.
If you believe the ending of official support of these packages will cause your C-SAM system issues or are unsure please get in touch stating the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server version used
- Microsoft Windows client versions used
- Microsoft SQL Server versions used
In the near future, we will be migrating our applications to the latest version of the .Net Framework (4.6.1). More details will be shared closer to migration so that you have enough time to roll this out to all users of our application.